IF YOU WANT TO STOP TOBACCO USE, OR HELP A FRIEND TO STOP, HERE ARE 10 TIPS:
1. Pick a quit date! Then share it with others. Once you tell someone, you are more likely to take it seriously. And family and friends are more likely to understand if you are not always your up beat self.
2. Stock up on healthy snacks, fruits and vegetables such as apples and carrot sticks.
3. Toss out your old packs and lighters. No sense tempting fate!
4. Reward yourself. Use the dollars you're saving for some new clothes, video games, concert tickets, CD's - whatever gets you going.
5. Don't just sit there, do something. Go to the mall, hit the gym, phone a friend, log on to your favorite Web site. Any activity helps!
6.Try the buddy system. If a friend is up for it, you can help keep each other on track.
7. Get your teeth cleaned. Your pearly whites will motivate you to keep them that way!
8. Reward yourself. Did we say that before? Well, you deserve another one
9. Ask out a crush. Why not? Once you get rid of that bad breath and stale tobacco odor in your clothes, you'll be looking (and smelling) great
10. If you are ready to quit today or if you just have questions about quitting soon, call 1-800-Quit-Now or visit www.QuitlineNC.com.
You will be paired with a quit coach who can get to know you and your situation. QuitlineNC
can help and it is free
ABOUT TOBACCO-FREE COLLEGES
Tobacco-Free Colleges is the NC Division of Public Health’s program that provides assistance to all NC campuses in adopting and implementing tobacco-free policies and in promoting cessation.